Real Estate Sales & Mortgages for Kamloops Homebuyers
Buying or selling a home is one of the most important—and stressful—times during one’s lifetime. That’s why you need an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer from Martin & Martin Lawyers on your side, as we are well-versed in the Kamloops real estate market.
Every purchase, sale and mortgage is different. From the first-time homebuyer to the sophisticated developer, we ensure that our clients are familiar with all aspects of a real estate transaction, including:
- Contract of Purchase and Sale which governs the transaction including condition precedents for the benefit of the seller and the buyer
- GST, sales tax, and income tax issues
- Joint tenancy and Tenants-in-Common issues
- Any restrictions contained in easements, statutory rights-of-way or other encumbrances/covenants that will remain registered against Title after completion and that could affect development of the property
- All mortgages or other encumbrances that are to be discharged from Title upon completion
- The amount of Property Purchase Tax payable in connection with the purchase of property (based on 1% of the first $200,000 of value and 2% of the balance)
- Financing issues such as pre-payment privileges and penalties in mortgages and requirements for personal guarantees, survey and/or Title insurance
- Comprehensive “statement of adjustments” setting out the adjustments to be made between buyer and seller (including property taxes and utilities) on completion
We at Martin & Martin Lawyers have the expertise to provide quality, accurate and efficient legal services at a reasonable price. We endeavour to make the purchase and/or sale of your property seamless and the least stressful part of your real estate transaction!
Call Martin & Martin Lawyers TODAY for a BETTER TOMORROW! We can HELP!